Happy New Year!!
2017 was a monumental year for the Revenant Warriors Motorcycle Organization, Inc. In May, a brotherhood of 9 Revenant Warriors joined efforts together with a common goal – Community Service for Veterans, Children and the Sandhills as a whole. Although we were in the beginning stages of planning out our Organization, we began serving the community in a variety of ways as we always have done and always will.
A recap of our 2017 events and services is below:
- May – Volunteered to set tables and staging for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation’s “Triangle Ride for Kids” at White Oak State Park on Jordan Lake.
- May – Raised $3800 for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation by hosting a Poker Run and other fundraising ventures.
- May - Memorial Day - Flag deployment - 360 flags on Veterans' graves in honor of their service
- June - Angier Bike Fest – organized and hosted the annual Angier Bike Fest Bike Show with funds going directly to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, which raises over $20,000
- June - Angier Bike Fest – escorted and provided road blocking for the Angier Bike Fest Poker Run with all proceeds going to Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
- September - Hogs for Dogs - escorted and provided road blocking for the annual Hogs for Dogs Poker Run raising funds for community pets in need
- September - 911 - First Responders Appreciation Day - Delivered baked goods to local Fire Stations, Law Enforcement, and First Responders as a “Thank You” for the sacrifices they make everyday
- October - Revenant Warriors Motorcycle Organization was officially formed!
- November - Military Missions in Action – “Tee Off For Troops Golf Classic” - Motorcycle Escort and participation in the kickoff ceremony
- November - Military Missions in Action Poker Run - raised $1,600 for MMIA
- November - Fuquay-Varina High School Band Fundraiser and the festivals of bands, where the Revenant Warriors provided the grills, propane and did the all-night cooking to feed participants attending the event the next day.
- December - Wreaths Across America – Escorted the semi-truck delivering the 5500 wreaths to the Raleigh National Cemetery, helped place wreaths and were invited to participate in the remembrance wreath ceremony.
- December - Delivered food, toys, and clothing to ten local families in our community and with the combined help of other Motorcycle Clubs and Organizations in our area, we were able to provide enough food, toys, and gifts for over 100 families.
Thank you for your support throughout 2017! This is only the beginning! With your help we will be able to do so much for the children in need, to give back to our veterans who sacrificed so much, and to support the community that supports us!